13 September 2015

Tomato and basil omelette


Here is my Sunday breakfast from earlier today and it gave me quite a nice start to the day. I don't have many plans for today and as usual I'm already planning what to cook for dinner and to prepare for Monday's work lunch. I hope that you are having a relaxing Sunday.

So into this omelette I put three eggs, a dash of almond milk (would've put normal milk, but didn't have any), a handful of homegrown mini tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, little grated Emmental cheese, ¼ onion, salt, black pepper and olive oil for frying.

First I whisked the eggs, milk, cheese, basil, salt and pepper together, chopped the onions finely and cut the tomatoes in halves. Then I started frying the onion in the olive oil and once they were soft, I added the egg mixture and placed the tomatoes. I turned the omelette in the pan once and enjoyed it with coffee and pineapple juice.




Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.