25 June 2016

Roasted cauliflower with lentils, freekeh, pomegranate seeds and tahini sauce


I absolutely love roasted cauliflower with tahini and here's another vegan dish combining these flavours. Apart from those ingredients I used puy lentils and freekeh as strong protein additions and pomegranate seeds and coriander for the freshness and vibrancy. I really liked this dish. I got inspired by the Braised cauliflower & puy lentil tabouleh recipe by Lee Watson, which is in his wonderful vegan cookbook Peace & Parsnips (p. 112-113). My dish was quite different in the end, but the inspiration was definitely there when flicking through cookbooks once again. So here comes my recipe.


Ingredients

1 cauliflower
Olive oil
½ cup puy lentils
½ cup freekeh
1 onion
1 red chilli
Vegetable stock powder
Salt Ground black pepper
Ground cumin
1 pomegranate's seeds
Fresh coriander

Tahini sauce

1 lemon's juice
3 tbsp tahini
Fresh coriander
3 tbsp water

Method

Make the tahini sauce by mixing the ingredients and set to side.

Cut the cauliflower into florets, brush with olive oil and roast in the oven.

Cook the lentils and freekeh in water until done.

Chop the onion and the chilli into half rings. Cook the onions in olive oil until browned.

Then add the chilli, lentils, freekeh and seasoning. Also add the roasted cauliflower to the mix.

Serve with the pomegranates and tahini sauce.



Have a good weekend!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. I had freekeh salad today for lunch, have you tried the M&S's one, Palestinian, I can only find it in a big M&S though , lovely staff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also tried the M&S freekeh, but for this one I used a different brand. They're both so good!

      Delete
  2. Its amazing how roasting cauliflower completely transforms its flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, these days I totally prefer the roasted one. For so many years I didn't make it the proper way. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.