10 February 2014

Grilled vegetable sandwich


I just realised that I haven't posted any sandwich ideas here, can it be true? I can only remember paninis, rolls, bagels, bruchettas... anyway, today I am indeed posting a sandwich recipe, and what could be better for a start of a new week.

I char-grilled some vegetables and halloumi slices and stacked them on bread – easy + I love the smoky flavour! These vegetable amounts should be enough to make four generous sandwiches.

1 aubergine
1 zucchini
1 halloumi
100g baby salad leaves
Bread slices
Vegetable oil for grilling

Slice the vegetables and halloumi into thin slices.

Heat vegetable oil in a griddle pan and char-grill the vegetables on both sides until they have distinctive grilling marks. Due to my pan's size I had to do several batches of grilling, so I placed the ones that were already done in a dish into the oven to stay warm.

When the grilling is done, half a large bread slice (or use two bread slices on top of each other) and stack the salad and vegetables on one slice and then place a lid on the sandwich. I decided not to grill the bread on this occasion, but feel free to do so.

Serve warm and enjoy!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on twitter and had to come down and see the post! I made a sandwich yesterday with a vegan patty and avocado. This one looks very delicious! :)

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.