8 June 2014

Basic burger buns

I'm now starting a post in three parts, which works every day closer to having a complete veggie burger meal, and I'm starting this series today with simple homemade burger buns.

As you might already have noticed, I like making vegetarian burgers fairly frequently and am always experimenting with new patty ideas. It's also important to have a good bun to accompany the patties as well. These buns are quite basic burger buns, but they have a hint of pretzel flavour, which I always like.

Ingredients

150 ml milk
2 tbsp dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1,5 tbsp soft butter
450 ml flour
1 tsp salt
Sesame seeds for the top

Method

Warm the milk lukewarm and add yeast and sugar to it. 

Then also beat one of the eggs into the milk and add the soft butter.

Combine the milk mix with the flour and salt and knead to a dough. Let the dough rise in a warm place under a teatowel for about two hours.

Then shape buns (I got 6 small ones, double the recipe for bigger burger feasts) from the dough and let them rise for a further hour under a teatowel.

Brush the buns with a beaten egg and sprinkle sesame seeds on the top before baking.

Bake at 200C for about 10 minutes until fully baked.

Serve with your favourite veggie burger or read my next post for a new idea.

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. This is a very neat idea; dividing a recipe into a three-piece series. :)
    Those burger buns look good enough to just bite into as they are! Hahah

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were quite good buns. Then again, I tend to make different buns each time, just like I variate the patties. I just need to find the perfect combination! :)

      I have just posted part two of the burger series. Have a look! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.