16 June 2015

Roasted new potatoes with shaven asparagus


This is a really simple seasonal dish. I had to try the shaven asparagus stripes, as I keep seeing them in so many current recipes. It wasn't bad at all, and it was curious not to cook the asparagus for a change. So basically I just combined here roasted new potatoes with lightly lemony asparagus. I could see this is a side dish in upcoming Midsummer celebrations. What do you think?

Here is what ingredients I used and how I made this dish:

500 g new potatoes
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp smoked paprika
250 g green asparagus
½ lemon's juice
1 tsp olive oil


Brush the new potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle salt and smoked paprika on the top. Roast in the oven until done.

Shave thin stripes from asparagus with a peeling knife and dress them with lemon juice and olive oil. Let infuse in the fridge while the potatoes roast.

Serve the potatoes and asparagus together.


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Its my husband who loves asparagus in our home, and I know for sure he would never allow me to shave/slice it thin - but I do think it would look interesting in a salad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also a bit skeptical first towards this fashion, but in the end I liked it. I would also add it to salads.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.