5 April 2017

Spinach pasta with sundried tomatoes and olives


I've been suffering of a horrible spring flu this week, and haven't been able to do anything much. My partner has taken good care of me, and cooked one of the best onion soups I've ever had. It was so savoury and intense that I could even taste something in my state. I've also been drinking plenty of green tea flavoured with peach, cream aroma, sunflower and marigold petals. I will miss this flavour combination once the tin is empty, it's my current favourite. Now I'm starting to feel better and thought I should write a little post.

I cooked this pasta dish the other week, and I just found the photos in my folder. This quick green pasta has become a household favourite of ours. The recipe was originally an invention by my partner, but these days I also sometimes cook my version of it. It's a spinach pasta with sundried tomatoes, garlic, pine nuts, green olives, pasta cheese and seasoning. The tomatoes, garlic, pine nuts and olives are just quickly cooked in some olive oil and then combined with the pasta and cheese. I normally season the dish with just sea salt, ground black pepper and fresh basil leaves. These flavours go very well together and it's easy to have all ingredients ready to go when there's less time for cooking. It's quite a nice option for a weekday meal.

How is your week going? I hope you're all well.


Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better from that terrible flu.
    I can already taste the ingredients just by reading the description!

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super fun pasta shape. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.