18 April 2020

Cheddar, wild garlic and pasta pancakes


How has your week been? I’m still trying to get the new home sorted while working from home. It has been incredibly busy at work and the working days tend to stretch and overlap more than usual with the private life. I would prefer being able to return to the office soon, but let’s see what happens.

I’ve been cooking a lot this week. Food seems to be the main comfort in these times. I had some leftover pasta and I got the idea to make pancakes from them. My partner was a little bit skeptical when I presented this idea to him, but he ended up happily scoffing few of these away.

I made my usual waffle and pancake batter and mixed the pasta in there. I also added some mature Cheddar and wild garlic. I now have a wild garlic plant growing by the window in my kitchen, so it’s very handy to take some for cooking.

I would recommend using a smaller pasta shape for this recipe. I had wholemeal pasta in animal shapes, unfortunately they aren’t showing in the photos as I would’ve hoped.


Ingredients

1 ½ cup wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cup oat milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups cooked pasta
100 g Cheddar
3-4 wild garlic leaves
Butter for frying

Method

Whisk the wheat flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, oat milk and vegetable oil into a smooth batter.

Mix the pasta, Cheddar and wild garlic into the batter.

Make smallish pancakes and fry them in a pan until golden brown.

Serve with additional butter and/or Cheddar.

This dish will guarantee a comforting breakfast or brunch any day.



Have a nice weekend!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like excellent isolation food to me (ie comfort food not food to be isolated from others). I tried mac and cheese in pancakes a few months ago and we loved it so I am sure this would go down well with me. I know what you mean about working from home bleeding into home time - I try to keep work at a desk in the corner where I only go for work but that doesn't even help sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your mac'n'cheese pancakes and they might well have been the inspiration here.

      Delete
  2. Animal shape pasts - you are a big kid. These sound interesting with pasta, i saw Johanna's mac n cheese pancakes last month and was a bit tempted, but don't know if D would appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes I often buy kids' pasta, I also have some cars and planes pasta! :D My partner was also wondering first what on earth I'm doing, but he liked them in the end.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.