30 May 2016

KERB does Alchemy

I visited KERB does Alchemy street food fest yesterday at the Southbank Centre in London. This particular food festival was especially dedicated to Indian, Pakistani, Nepalese, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi and Afghan street food. There were so many vibrant stands, I especially loved this lassi and samosa truck, its look kind of summarises it all. 



There were so many tempting veggie options that it was hard to choose what to eat. First of all we had Jackfruit Jalfrezi with brown basmati rice and mixed green salad from the Spicebox. It was my first time trying jackfruit ever and it was very nice, I will certainly be on a lookout for it. The jalfrezi was nice and spicy and all in all the dish was a very good combination. Regrettably I couldn't eat their Tandoori Cauliflower Steak anymore later, as I was too full. I hope to meet them somewhere else soon to be able to try the other dishes. They also have a takeaway in London serving the healthiest curries in the city.


Later my partner had a dosa from Horn OK Please. I've had this several times and I love the dish. I however needed something less spicy in the end, so decided to have just a good old mac'n'cheese by Anna Mae's.



What a great food market visit this was again, and the weather stayed surprisingly pleasant throughout.







2 comments:

  1. Looks fab, I would have loved to have checked it out - its sounds very much like a Mela type foodfest exhibiting cuisine mostly from Indian, Pakistani, Nepalese, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi and Afghan vendors. I do love jackfruit and have some recipes coming on my blog soon, you may remember my BBQ pulled 'pork' blog post. http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/vegan-bbq-pulled-jackfruit.html
    Anyway, love this colourful post and agree after a while you want something plain than spicy - hope your enjoying the long w/e, I am gardenign, but have taken a little break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a very nice foodfest. I do remember your pulled jackfruit recipe and can't wait to see more! I'm having a nice and relaxing long weekend, soon heading out for dinner.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.