4 May 2016

3-Lentil-Schnitzel


I made these 3-lentil-Schnitzel containing green lentils, puy lentils, red lentils and carrot with a hint of smokiness and served them with creamy mushroom sauce and potato mash (my favourite combination). The Schnitzel started crumbling a bit when fried, but with some careful shaping and frying they'll stick together just fine. The Schnitzel were very tasty and I will be making them again. I also tried a vegan version without an egg and it also seemed to be fine with its texture.

In this recipe all seasoning is to taste and it makes about 15 Schnitzel.

Ingredients

½ cup green lentils
½ cup puy lentils
½ cup red lentils
1 vegetable stock cube
2 carrots
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
Oak smoked sea salt
Ground black pepper
Ground coriander
Ground cumin
Fresh coriander leaves
1 egg
Breadcrumbs (optional)
Vegetable oil for frying

Method

Cook the lentils with a vegetable stock cube until done.

Cut the carrot into pieces, cook in water and mash.

Chop the onion and garlic finely and cook them in olive oil until soft. Mix them with the cooked lentils and carrots.

Season the Schnitzel mix with some oak smoked sea salt, ground black pepper, ground coriander, ground cumin and fresh coriander leaves.

Add the egg and breadcrumbs to the mix, or just the breadcrumbs, if you wish to keep it vegan.

Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan, shape Schnitzel from the lentil mix and fry them until golden brown.




Enjoy!

I'm sharing the recipe with this month's My Legume Love Affair hosted by Sadhna, created by Susan and co-hosted by Lisa.


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for linking this tempting recipe of lentil schnitzel to MLLA, May 2016. I will try this recipe without egg, as I do not eat egg.
    This recipe I am accepting because Lisa accepts recipe with eggs,though I have mentioned in the rules that recipe should be egg free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so sorry I didn't notice your note about the eggs. However as I mentioned in the text, this recipe is perfectly nice egg-free as well. Thank you for including it to MLLA anyway!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.