28 November 2016

Favourite eateries in my area – Lakaz Maman


I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that a previous Masterchef winner had opened a restaurant just in our quarter. It turned out that the rumour was true, as earlier this year Shelina Permalloo, the 2012 Masterchef winner, opened her restaurant Lakaz Maman in Bedford Place in Southampton.

Of course I had to check it out as soon as possible, and in the meanwhile I have visited several times. It's a very vegan and vegetarian friendly Mauritian restaurant serving traditional Mauritian street food. This means that the prices aren't bad at all and the food is served pretty quickly in a relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful and upliftingly colourful.

I have some definite favourites on the menu, for example crunchy chilli balls Gateaux Piment are just inspired. They come in roti wraps, in a curry and also as a side, such good food! Then there's a really nice butterbean curry, which my partner can't get enough of. I also love the samosas and the refreshing mocktails (non-alcoholic cocktails). The portions are quite filling, a reason why I couldn't try the delicious sounding desserts yet.

Just look at the space and the colourful food!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.