26 November 2016

Potato and leek bake


Potatoes, leeks and cheese, what else do you need in this season? Probably nothing, at least I'm pretty happy with these ingredients. I decided to make a potato and leek bake, but a slightly different kind than normally. I mashed the potatoes and mixed them with cheese and leeks cooked in cider. It was such a good combination!

We are probably going to switch the Christmas lights on in our flat tonight, so I'm now off to tidy the balcony up. Then I'll prepare some snacks for the evening and there will of course also be mulled wine. What plans do you have for the weekend?


Potato and leek bake

Ingredients

1 kg potatoes (I used the Apache variation)
1 onion
1 cloveless garlic
25 g butter
2 leeks
100 ml dry cider
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1 tsp vegetable stock powder
200 g Gruyere cheese

Method

Cook the potatoes and mash them.

Chop the onion and garlic finely and start cooking them in butter.

Slice the leeks and add them to the onion.

Let cook for a while until and then add the cider.

Cook until the leeks are soft and season with salt, pepper and vegetable stock powder.

Grate the cheese.

Mix the leeks with the potato mash and then add the grated cheese into them.

Stir into an even mixture and place in a oven dish.

Bake at 180 C for about 10 minutes.

Enjoy!



Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed! I could eat this sort of dishes every day, but I guess it's a bit heavy with the cheese and butter...

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.