18 November 2016

Pappardelle with runner beans and roasted vine tomatoes


I've been really lazy at cooking lately. I think it's this time of the year that I start feeling pressure like I should be doing loads of things for Christmas, but am also very tired from work. Therefore the cooking has suffered a bit and there have been ready meals, eating out and easy solutions. I really want to shape up now, as I want to post more in November and not be all quiet. I also don't constantly want to come back here just for moaning. There is something positive as well: it's the weekend! I hope you'll all have a great time!

I made this weekday pasta surprisingly with runner beans, not really my standard vegetable. They were nice and earthy in this and tasted just great with the sweet roasted vine tomatoes and the garlic. I can really recommend this as an easy weekday pasta that's still something a bit more special and really comforting.

Pappardelle with runner beans and roasted vine tomatoes

Ingredients

300 g runner beans
270 g cherry vine tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
Olive oil
50 ml dry white wine
Fresh basil leaves
Sea salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Pappardelle pasta
Grated vegetarian parmesan

Method

Trim the runner beans and cut at an angle into small pieces. Steam the beans until they are almost tender. They will be finished later in the pan.

Put the tomatoes and sliced garlic into a baking dish, sprinkle with olive oil and roast them in the oven.

Combine the beans and tomatoes in a pan, followed by the wine. Cook for a while and season.

Cook the pasta until al dente, mix with the vegetables and serve with the grated cheese and maybe some lambs lettuce on the side.

Enjoy!



I want to share this recipe with this month's Eat Your Greens event hosted by Shaheen from Allotment 2 Kitchen.


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I can empathise with having not much energy for cooking due to work, most of what I have shared on my blog this month have mostly been dishes I cooked weeks back rather than recent eats. The papparadelle pasta with runner beans and the herb punch from the fresh basil is lovely. Thanks for sharing, hope your having a relaxing w/e, mine did not go to plan sadly...and the weather has not helped either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame that your weekend didn't go to plan. Mine was quite good, getting together with my partner's family and otherwise quite relaxing. And today I can cook something nice, I have all day.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.