17 October 2015

Roasted cauliflower in tahini sauce


Earlier this week I promised to post the dish that I served with the Lebanese rice with vermicelli. This yet another vegan recipe for Cauliflower in Tahini and Coriander Sauce (p. 170-171) is also from A Lebanese Feast of Vegetables, Pulses, Herbs and Spices by Mona Hamadeh and I have cooked it several times since I detected it. It's an extremely nice dish, and a bit different from my usual cooking.  
 

Here's the recipe.

Ingredients

1 cauliflower
Olive oil
2 onions
6 garlic cloves
2 lemons
Salt
400 ml tahini
Fresh coriander


Method

Cut the cauliflower into florets, brush them with olive oil and roast in the oven until browned and softened. The florets don't need to be fully cooked, as they will return to the oven.

Chop the onions and garlic and cook them in a pan until little browned.

Make the sauce by mixing the juice of the lemons with the tahini, salt and little water into a smooth sauce. Also add some fresh coriander into the sauce.

Add the onions and garlic to the cauliflower and pour the sauce over them. Return to the oven for about 20 minutes.

Scatter some more fresh coriander on the top for serving and you can also dust the dish with smoked paprika (which I also did, but unfortunately only after I took the photos).

This is really good served with rice, and so easy!



Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Interesting and it Looks comforting too, I look forward to checking this cookbook out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is comforting, simple but very tasty, and the book is brilliant too. I will soon post more recipes from there.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.