31 October 2015

Spicy pumpkin soup


I guess it could be too late to post a pumpkin recipe for Halloween now, as everybody has probably already made their plans. I didn't have time to post this earlier, as I was on holiday, but here it is anyway, maybe pumpkin recipes are needed after Halloween too. I know that I will be cooking loads with pumpkins and squashes still this autumn and winter, as I just can't get tired of them.

I have already posted the recipe for this vegan soup here: Thai inspired pumpkin soup. It's my partner's signature dish, with which he tired to win me over many years ago and succeeded. It may not have been the soup alone, but I can't deny that it had something to do with it. 

This time I added some fresh thai basil leaves to the soup to give an extra anisseed type of flavour, but otherwise I followed the originally posted recipe pretty closely. The seasoning was made more to taste and I added the ingredient amounts pretty much randomly. However the result was great and I soon want to make this again!




Have a nice All Hallows' Eve everyone!

Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it's never too late!<3 I think October should at least be 62 days long.
    Thank you for sharing this delicious soup; Happy Hallows' Eve to you too!

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheesePapas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm a bit sad that October is over, but the pumpkin cooking shall continue!

      Delete
  2. I agree its never too late (and Pumpkins shouldn't just be for Halloween), this sounds like a real tasty soup and so gorgeous looking too. Hope you had a good night,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is right, I already want to make this soup again. Luckily I have a few pumpkins left and more can be obtained.

      Delete
  3. This sounds lovely. Going to give this a go. thanks for sharing this recipe.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon! I'm glad to hear that you like the recipe and I hope that you'll like the end result even more! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.