22 October 2015

Enchiladas with soya mince, sweetcorn and black bean chilli filling


Don't mind if I do have some lovely Mexican food, as I often do. This time I made these enchiladas filled with spicy soya mince, sweetcorn and black bean chilli. That is quite a basic mix for me and I really enjoy it, as it's such a comforting dish especially at this time of the year.

Ingredients

½ cup dried soya mince
1 large onion
3 garlic cloves
1 small chilli
1 romano pepper
500 g tomatoes
240 g / 1 can black beans
240 g / 1 can sweetcorn
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cocoa powder
Fresh coriander
4 tbsp tomato purée
100 g grated cheddar
8 tortillas


Method

Prepare the soya mince as described on the packet and fry it for a while in oil.

Chop the onion, garlic and chilli finely, also chop the romano pepper and tomatoes into cubes.

Start cooking the onion, garlic and chilli in olive oil, after a while add the romano pepper followed by the beans and sweetcorn.

Season with ground coriander, ground cumin and paprika.

Add the tomatoes and simmer under lid until you have a nice hearty mixture.

Then add the cocoa powder, fresh coriander and the soya mince.

Wrap the filling into tortillas, place them into an oven dish, cover with cheese and bake until golden brown.

I also served them with spicy chilli paste for some extra heat.



Enjoy!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite comfort meals, I love how versatile the vegetarian filling can be - its been a while since I made one with soya mince. Love the chilli kick in this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also often make this sort of Mexican style comfort food, so good! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.