17 March 2019

Bean and bell pepper enchiladas


Weekends are made for Mexican food, I find. I often catch myself planning tacos, quesadillas, nachos etc. for a Saturday dinner, and I think that it's absolutely brilliant. There are so many vegan and vegetarian cooking possibilities in the Mexican cuisine, and I love it. I've even gotten a bit more accustomed with hot and spicy things over the years.

Therefore I want to share another Mexican recipe with you today. I made pinto and bell pepper enchiladas with chicken style veggie bites made from soya. These soya bits were a new product for me, but I would definitely buy it again. The texture of the chucks was very good and they were easy to fry golden brown in a pan.

In this recipe I also got to use the Gran Luchito enchilada cooking sauce with tomatillo and jalapeno that I found in Norway. It was a really nice sauce with a mild warming heat. I saved the other half of the bottle for another recipe.

Are you also a fan of Mexican cooking and what are your favourites? Here is anyway my enchilada recipe.


Bean and bell pepper enchiladas

Ingredients

1 cup dried soya chunks
1 red bell pepper
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
1 green chilli
1 cup cooked pinto beans
1 cup sweetcorn
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ cup frozen spinach
½ bottle tomatillo and jalapeno enchilada cooking sauce
6 wheat tortillas
150 g grated Cheddar
Fresh coriander



Method

Cook and fry the soya chunks as per packet instructions. Set them to side.

Chop the bell pepper, onion, garlic and chilli.

Heat vegetable oil in a pan and cook the onions until soft. Then also add the bell pepper, garlic and chilli to the pan.

Add the beans, sweetcorn, the soya chunks and the seasoning to the pan. Stir and cook.

Finally also add the frozen spinach and the tomatillo and jalapeno sauce. Let simmer for a while.

Fill the tortillas with the mix once you are happy with the flavour.

Place the filled tortilla rolls into an oven dish, sprinkle grated Cheddar and a little bit of the sauce on top.

Bake at 180C for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle fresh coriander on top for serving and enjoy!






Your VegHog

3 comments:

  1. Great post. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Mexican cuisine really does have lots of vegetarian meals in the repertoire. I love it!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.