30 April 2019

Eat Your Greens April 2019 Round Up


I hosted the cooking and green food challenge Eat Your Greens again this month. It seemed to be quite a quiet month, but we got some excellent recipes that I'm sharing in this post. Eat Your Greens is created and co-hosted by Shaheen from Allotment 2 Kitchen, and she will take over hosting next month again. Here are the great vegan and vegetarian recipes shared with us in April.

Lisa from Lisa's Kitchen cooked a Baby Potato, Red Kale and Cabbage Subji. This dish contains lovely fragrant spices and a lot of vegetables like potatoes, green cabbage and kale. It's a vegetable side dish, but it looks so delightful that I would be happy with it as a main. 


Shaheen from Allotment 2 Kitchen posted Wild Garlic Scones. I'm a big fan of both wild garlic and savoury scones, so this recipe is just perfect for me. The pale green colour looks great, and on top of everything, the scones are vegan!


Laura from Vegfully made Roast veggies and giant cous-cous Mediterranean style. This roasted dish contains aubergine, courgettes, bell peppers, tomatoes and potatoes, and they are served with wholewheat giant cous cous, feta and olives. It looks really good and I can only imagine how good it tasted.


I shared Asparagus and peanut noodles, which have Asian flavours and feature asparagus in a slightly more unusual setting.


This was it for April, I hope to see you all in May. Thank you so much everyone for reading and contributing!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Indeed a quiet month. I am off to check out the contributions one by one. Thank you so much for hosting, hopefully May and some good weather will bring some more Eat Your Greens contributions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe quiet this month but really lovely group of recipes - I would love some of all of them. I posted surprising few savoury recipes this month and did not have ones with greenery but perhaps next month will be different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.