23 February 2020

Vegan waffles


How are you all doing? I know I've been a bit quiet again. It has just been crazily busy at work, unthinkable to blog in the evenings, and even on most weekends I've been too tired. I have many recipes in store for you though, so I hope that I'll have time to write them up for you soon.

I bought a waffle iron last year and have sometimes been using it to make fluffy vegan waffles with oat milk. It's a very easy and quick snack, if you only have the basic ingredients at home. You can make both sweet and savoury waffles, whatever you prefer. Below is my easy go-to recipe.

I now made waffles in style of Finnish shrove Tuesday buns (recipe here), only by substituting the buns with fresh waffles. The filling is whipped cream and strawberry jam.

Vegan waffles

Makes 5-6 waffles

Ingredients

1 ½ cup wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cup oat milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil

Method

Mix the dry ingredients, then gradually whisk in the oat milk and vegetable oil to make a smooth batter.

Heat couple of large spoonfuls of the batter in a waffle iron at a time and enjoy!



Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Stunning brown color on those waffles! They look very thin and crisp. I could eat one right now, for Mardi Gras. Here in the Detroit area the Mardi Gras celebration calls for a special type of donut called the Paczki. The rules for Lent seem to me mean that all vegan food is ok? It's not my religion so I don't really know.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mae! They were quite crispy, which is good. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with the rules of lent either...

      Delete
  2. I made some vegan waffles last weekend. Haven't got round to blogging about them yet, but yours are v. dif to mine - sweet for a start. Yours are almost pancake like, very pretty. Hope you get to experiment more with your waffle iron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to make good savoury waffles soon, looking forward to your waffle post!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.