16 August 2020

Gnocchi with browned sage butter

 

Gnocchi is really nice summer food and these days I like to make my easy 5-ingredient vegan gnocchi. The texture is good and firm and I’m able to cook the gnocchi easily without them breaking up.

This time I also had a handful of leftover spinach, so I added it to the dough. The gnocchi can of course be seasoned with a number of different vegetables or herbs, and it can be made from sweet potatoes as well. See the ingredients and method below for my recipe.

 

Ingredients

700 g potatoes

300 g wheat flour

75 g potato flour

1 tsp salt

1 tbsp vegetable oil

 

Method

Cook the potatoes, peel and mash them. Set them to side to cool down.

Mix the wheat and potato flour gradually with the potatoes to make a firm mix. Season it with salt and also add vegetable oil.

Shape gnocchi from the dough, give them a fork mark and cook them in boiling water. They are done when they float on the surface.

You can also additionally fry the gnocchi after the boiling to make them even firmer.

Heat butter in a pan and add sage leaves. Cook until the sage leaves are crispy and the butter is browned. Serve it with the gnocchi. I also served some lamb’s lettuce and sprouts on the side.


 

Your VegHog

 

1 comment:

  1. i've never made gnocchi. and i'm a bit wary of it as it can be so ... solid. bet yours was fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.