31 July 2021

Homemade pita bread

I have never made pita myself before, but I got a little bit tired of the hardish supermarket pitas that seemed to be the only ones that I could find here. I explored some recipes online and found this easy homemade pita bread recipe by The Mediterranean dish. It was a good recipe to follow and I think that my results were alright in the end. It made eight pitas and the dough also keeps in the fridge for a few days, if you don't want to make all of them at once. I would like to try making pita bread again in case the method can be improved, but it was a good start. I made my pitas pan-fried this time, as it was too hot to put the oven on.





The first pita dish was pan-fried pita with homemade butterbean hummus and veggies.



And the second was a topped heart-shaped pita with hummus, veggies and feta.



What is your favourite way of eating pitas? Have a nice weekend!

Your VegHog

 

2 comments:

  1. they look great veg hog! i am just getting into yeast cooking as i've always been a bit afraid of it. i have an idea for a garlicky bread soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I am zo lazy I just buy them, but I really should make pita from scratch. BTW, it is international scone week time again in case you would like to take part this year. https://tandysinclair.com/international-scone-week-2021/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.