28 August 2016

Foodie stuff from Finland

As usual I ended up buying quite a few Finnish products to take home with me from the holiday. I wanted to share some of my bounty with you in case you're interested.

I expanded my Moomin bowl collection (normally I always buy a mug) by the ancestor of the Moomins bowl. I really like the artwork on this and the rare ancestor character is quite intriguing. Also these bowls are quite a convenient size and shape for many kinds of dishes.



And since we were in Finland, I bought even more Moomin products. I found these cute small Moomin napkins that feature some of the more rare characters. I'm sure they'll soon be seen in my food posts.


I had to buy proper rye bread in bulk again and freeze them for future use. They are very good after toasting. I also bought these root vegetable breads (beetroot & carrot and parsnip and carrot), thin oat crisp breads and rye crisps. These will be lovely as work lunches and evening snacks.





You may already know that I'm a fan of a certain healthy berry, sea-buckthorn, so I got this sea-buckthorn jelly and dried sea-buckthorn powder. The powder I normally use in baking and in yogurts. I'm not quite sure yet how to use the jelly the best way. Somehow I have this idea combining it with fried halloumi. Would that work?



Here come the Moomins again! My partner really likes these Moomin blueberry-raspberry liquorice sticks, so we bought a few to take with us. 
 

I visited the Kyrö Distillery Company again and apart from tasting their drinks, I bought their new product Cranmary raw chocolate. It's vegan and contains gin, cranberry and rosemary, a very good combination.


Fazerina are probably my favourite Finnish chocolates. Even though I don't eat much chocolate, it's nice to have a Fazerina occasionally. They are milk chocolates with a truffle filling, so good!


This was my foodie shopping from Finland. I hope you like the products. Most of them will be seen on the blog later, I'm sure.

Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. wow I want one of everything - those moomin serviettes are cute and I would love to taste the liquorice - have never had sea buckthorn but mostly want to taste the fazerina chocolates - sounds great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm quite happy about my bounty, it'll only go away too quickly!

      Delete
  2. The Moomin bowls are FABULOUS! Good shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the bowl, so cute but practical. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice to see whats in your kitchen, I have to be honest Moomin do nothing for me, though I do like their cuteness. I do like sea buckthorn and enjoy drinking it whenever I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do understand that Moomins aren't for everyone, I just somehow started collecting the mugs. Sea buckthorn products are always good.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.