26 August 2016

Halloumi, pepper and tomato salad


It's so hot over here! I shouldn't be complaining, as summer finally seemed to arrive to England, but around +22C is more than enough for me. In such a hot weather a salad is a very satisfying meal, as there isn't much hunger generally. I always try to add a filling agent to salads as well, whether it's pulses, nuts or cheese. Halloumi is one of the most frequent ones, as it's just so delicious when properly fried or grilled. Nothing disappoints me more than get some uncooked halloumi served. In the summer it's nice to grill halloumi on a barbecue. For this salad I also quickly fried the pepper slices, but they could also be barbecued.

Here is my salad recipe.

Ingredients

250 g halloumi fried
1 red bell pepper fried
Vegetable oil for frying
Tomatoes sliced
Lambs lettuce
Olive oil + balsamic vinegar + salt + pepper as dressing

Method

Fry the halloumi on both sides until golden brown.

Also quickly fry the pepper slices in hot oil so that the pepper gets some frying marks.

Combine the ingredients in a bowl and dress with a light olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.

Enjoy!



Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, lovely halloumi. It really is the tastiest addition to a salad or roasted veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it suits so many different dishes and improves them.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.