14 September 2016

Bowl of roasted potatoes and cauliflower with spicy chickpeas and tahini sauce


Sometimes I just love putting several things into a bowl and enjoying the variation of vegetables and legumes and whatever as one meal. Pretty bowls are also so nice to look at, as we know from the social media. This bowl may not be the greatest of all time, but it was definitely tasty. The combination of roasted potatoes and cauliflower with tahini can never go wrong for me anyway. Have some chickpeas as extra protein on the side and we're ready to go!

What are your favourite weekday bowls?

Here is one of mine:

Ingredients

New potatoes
Smoked paprika
Salt
Vegetable oil
Cauliflower
Cooked chickpeas
Smoked chilli paste
Lambs lettuce
Tahini + juice of lemon

Method

Roll the new potatoes in vegetable oil and sprinkle smoked paprika and salt on them. Then roast them in the oven until done.

Also brush the cauliflower florets with oil and roast them in the oven.

Fry the cooked chickpeas in a pan for a little while with smoked chilli paste until they are warm and nicely seasoned.

Mix some tahini with lemon juice to make a dip. Add some water, if needed.

Then serve all components together in a bowl with some lettuce on the side.

Enjoy!


Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. I recently went to Planet Organic shop in London with so much expectations only to find a overpriced health products, any way, I couldn't leave empty handed so I got a small pack of organic wholerain cous-cous and some sunflower seeds. Long story short - I have been making lots of salad bowls lately with those ingredients adding fresh chopped red peppers,steamed spinach and chard grilled corn on cob. Yummy! Highly recommend pick your own in Easher Surrey, payed £4 for 10 corns that I picked ! I like your new cover page <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Your bowls sound really nice, just the type I also like to eat. Also pick your own corn sounds wonderful. I didn't know it's possible in this country!

      Delete
  2. looks great - love the creamy smokiness of it - last night we had quinoa, green salad, roast pumpkin and seasoned tofu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your combo also sounds like one of my favourites. So glad that the pumpkin season is here soon. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.