21 May 2016

Archive recipes for the National Vegetarian Week 2016


The National Vegetarian Week 2016 is happening now, or actually it's almost over, and unfortunately I haven't been able to make any new flashy recipes for it. I've only seen wonderful contributions by other bloggers. I thought that I'd share some of my archive favourites from the blog with you and chose nine from different types of dishes and cuisines. Of course I have many more favourite dishes, but these kind of came first to mind.


Homemade veggie burgers are an absolute essential in my vegetarian diet. I like making different patties and serving them with vegetables and ideally also homemade rolls. This burger patty is a non-breaded bean and lentil mix, very nice with char-grilled bell peppers.



I often make vegan soups and the options are limitless. Sometimes I like to make Thai spiced soups like this pumpkin soup containing coconut cream, ginger, chilli, lemongrass, lime, coriander and other Thai style spices. This is a wonderful warming and comforting soup and fits in perfectly into the pumpkin season.



A crispy thin flame cake is a wonderful thing filled with leeks, cheese and crème fraîche. It makes a nice change to the normal pizzas. I do like making pizzas very much as well, but when I want something more special, it'll be a flame cake.



Mexican food is very good for vegetarians, as there are so versatile and tasty options, normally also containing a lot of proteins. Vegetarian chillies can be so tasty and can be eaten with so many different sides like nachos, rye nachos, rice, tortillas, pasta and potatoes. Chillies are quite simple to make once you've got the hang of it. Just keep the most common seasoning at home, and you are ready to go anytime.



I added one Finnish recipe here, just because it's my own cuisine. These pies in rye crust filled with buttery potato mash are so good. Normally these pies disappear very quickly once I've made them. I'm planning to make a batch this weekend again and can't wait to tuck into these.



Pasta! Oh yes, don't mind if I do. I really love different pasta dishes, as first of all they are tasty, but also so easy and quick to throw together on a weekday. I sometimes make my own pasta, if I want something more complicated. This sort of tomato and mozzarella pasta made with the best ingredients is one of my main favourites.



This sort of savoury pies are my absolutely favourites among ultra filling veggie grub. This pie is full of savoury lentils under a smoky and buttery potato mash It would be a perfect Sunday dinner or something different to serve to guests.



Lebanese dirty rice in its simplicity has to be one of the best vegan dishes ever. It's mainly just lentils and rice served with crispy fried onions and seasoned with subtle ground cumin. This is also a very economical dish to make and easy for weekdays.



I probably make at least one main meal salad per week, and as it's the main, it has to contain some filling agents. Often I use lentils, halloumi and different grains or seeds. This one is just another example of a tasty and filling salad.


I hope you liked the archive recipe compilation and I wish you a good weekend!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.