6 March 2018

Pizza Danimarca

Pizza Danimarca was spontaneously created when I was putting toppings on a pizza and suddenly placed the grated cheese as the white cross of the Danish flag. As other toppings of the pizza I had a vegetarian mince, bell pepper and tomato sauce. It was kind of a vegetarian pizza bolognese. In the end I decided to cover the whole pizza with cheese after all. Otherwise there might have been a protest from my partner. Not that he doesn't appreciate our new home country, but he just really loves his cheese. 




There have been a lot of new plant based “mince meat” type of products in the shops here, and I have been sampling a fair share of them. I think that they've all been rather good, firm but tasty, and they've also had nice very affordable pricing. It's a good development to see that more and more people are embracing vegan and vegetarian diets, even in the Nordic countries, where a lot of meat and fish is normally eaten. This of course means that new products are created all the time.

Here are also some photos of a pasta bolognese that I made with one of these products. Maybe I'll need to get more inventive to get beyond pizza and pasta when cooking with these products. Do you have any nice ideas? Are stuffed bell peppers in or out?





Have a nice week!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. I love your flag - next time you could hide a lot of the cheese under the bolognaise sauce and give your partner a surprise :-) I like the idea of stuffed veg - though I think I prefer stuffed zucchinis (courgettes) than peppers. And that mince meat substitute looks disturbingly like the real thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good ideas, both the cheesy surprise and the stuffed courgettes, thank you Johanna! I'm not too keen on the meaty look of the stuff, but at least it's good to know that it isn't the real thing, and it tastes decent.

      Delete
  2. I have to agree with Johanna, that minced 'meat' does look so close to the real thing, that is almost disturbing, but I am so pleased to read that you are finding lots of vegetarian plant based products to try - as you know the UK is limited to certain brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And again they put these products right next to the actual minced meat, which doesn't make it very pleasant to buy, but I had to try. Some of them are in the purely veggie shelves though. I was surprised how cheap some of these new products were, as exclusive new veggie products always aren't.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.