8 February 2016

Freekeh salad


Monday and a new week... it has been quite stormy here, not the best start to the week, but hopefully it'll get better. I do not need belated trains on my commute to work. Anyway, now is the perfect time again to make those weird and wonderful weekday salads like this one, where I combined freekeh with lettuce, chicory, carrots and gouda. On the side I served couple of extras, croutons, whipped soft cheese (my new favourite) and hummus. For a salad this was actually like comfort food!

Ingredients

½ cup freekeh
1 tsp vegetable stock powder
4 mini gem lettuce
2 red chicory
2 carrots
150 g mature gouda
Bread croutons
Hummus
Whipped soft cheese
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing

Method

Cook the freekeh in water with the vegetable stock powder until done. You can add it either warm or cold to the salad.

Chop the gem lettuce and chicory and grate the carrots.

Cut the gouda into cubes and make the dressing.

Serve everything together, enjoy and have a great week!


Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.