20 February 2016

Gardening thoughts


While the strawberry plants start pushing through in the pots on the balcony, I start wondering what I should plant this year. I'm quite indecisive at the moment, but I think I will definitely want to grow some tomatoes, as they have been quite successful on the balcony in previous years. Obviously I hope that the strawberries will actually make it through and there will be some small early strawberry crops. Similar to last year, I think I'll pass on the courgettes, as pretty as the flowers are, but the plants easily take over the whole balcony.

I would also like to grow more edible flowers this year. They are nice for the visiting bees and pretty in dish presentations and to look at.

But what else...? What are your gardening plans and would you have any tips or ideas for me? I guess I'll need to get started soon and also tidy up the balcony more, the glass windows should be cleaned the first thing.

On the picture there's a bit of inspiration from the previous years.

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. You have one of the best and most colorful balconies!<3
    This definitely inspires me to clean out the balcony as well and start planting.

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you very much! I hope that it will be vibrant this summer. I'm glad to hear that you are going to grow plants as well again. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.