18 February 2016

Balsamic onion and roasted pepper focaccia


I found these wonderful balsamic infused onions in the shop and had to try them. They were very good indeed and added a perfect flavour to my homemade focaccia. I paired the onions with some antipasti roasted peppers. This was a very nice bread as a side dish or a snack.

My focaccia recipe is so very easy and it can be made with many different toppings. This time I even added a bit of spelt flour into it to have a slightly darker bread. There's hardly any kneading and shaping in this recipe, the focaccia almost makes itself.

Ingredients

300 ml wheat flour
200 ml spelt flour
1 tbsp dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
200 ml lukewarm water
2 tbsp olive oil
Balsamic infused onions
Roasted peppers
20g grated vegetarian pasta cheese
Sea salt

Method

Mix the dry ingredients together, add the lukewarm water and olive oil and mix into a dough.

Stretch the dough onto a baking tray and let rise under a tea towel for about one hour.

Press lightly the halved balsamic infused onions and sliced roasted peppers into the dough and sprinkle some sea salt and grated vegetarian pasta cheese on the top.

Bake the focaccia at 220C for about 20 minutes.

And it's all done!



Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Did you say balsamic infused onions, wow. I can almost taste them. I love foccacia, though its been a while since I made one, this looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this looks lovely - I absolutely love foccacia, particularly with goodies like this in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was quite tasty thanks to the toppings. I will be making this again.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.