3 December 2016

Snacks, mulled wine and Christmas lights


We had our yearly tradition, the Christmas light switch on in or flat, last Saturday. Then we always have mulled wine and some nice snacks, and go outside to look at our lights. We kept the lights quite simple this year, but I find that better anyway. The photos aren't great, but I hope you'll get the idea.

So we had some lovely warming mulled wine, and the weather was actually suitably a little bit chilly. We also enjoyed some tasty Port wine with Edam cheese, Winter berries & Prosecco potato crisps (these are just fabulous!), Rose harissa spiced nut mix with a hint of chilli (these are also brilliant) and some grapes.

It was a great night and nicely opened the season for us. Have you already made some seasonal decorations in your homes?











4 comments:

  1. that sounds lovely - I wish it was the weather for mulled wine here! we have got into the habit of driving around one night to look at Christmas lights which is lots of fun but our place does not look onto the street so we don't do any neighbourly stuff ourself but I am looking forward to getting our tree up in a couple of weeks - just saw some home made decorations on a friend's tree and am inspired to do some ourselves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun looking at Christmas decorations in the neighbourhood, although we don't have so many around here yet. I'm glad it's chilly enough for mulled wine here, as it really isn't nice in warm weather, so I feel for you.

      Delete
  2. Oh how lovely. I love mulled wine and mulled apple juice both of which i will be making in not too long. Your lights are splendid, sometimes simplicity is enough. We put up on tree on the 1st December and have only decorated one room in the house.I need to get me those crisps are they from M&S? Most of what is on our Christmas tree is fairtrade, given to us as gifts, handmade or things from our holidays...though i will confess there are some things picked up from Tiger too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the crisps are from M&S. I already tasted them last year and they were so amazing. I'm not sure, if we will have a tree this year, as we won't be at home for Christmas. I'm sure we'll put some smaller indoor decorations up soon.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.