6 December 2016

Finnish rye and potato pies


Happy Finland's Independence Day!

Finland has now been an independent country for 99 years. This year the celebrations are a bit low key for me as an ex-pat. I'll have just a bit of Finnish food and that's it, but I can't wait for next year and the 100th anniversary. Then I should really make a proper party.

I made once again these Finnish rye and potato pies that I really love. They are very simply buttery potato mash in a crispy rye crust, and they make really nice snacks or breakfast pies. I have posted the recipe before, so have a look here. I didn't follow that recipe this time, I just made the dough from memory and it was perfectly fine.




Have a good week!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.