5 April 2016

Carrot-cauliflower-lentil soup


I've been meaning to make a carrot and cauliflower soup for a while now, all last winter basically, but only just managed to make one on my holiday in Finland. My mum was at work and I wanted to make a light yet nutritious dinner for all of us once she would be back, so I decided to make a soup. I used carrots, cauliflower and red lentils as main ingredients in this and it turned out to be quite comforting. The addition of cottage cheese for serving was also a nice one. I love the firm and grainy Finnish style cottage cheese, very different to the more moist British style. Here is the simple recipe.

Ingredients

5 carrots
1 small cauliflower
1 large onion
1 cloveless garlic
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1,5 l water
1 vegetable stock cube
1 cup red lentils
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Cottage cheese for serving (optional)

Method

Chop the carrot and cauliflower into pieces and the onion and garlic finely.

Start cooking them in oil until they are slightly glazed.

Add the water, vegetable stock cube and the red lentils and let simmer until the components are soft.

Season and purée.

Enjoy!


Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.