20 February 2021

Roasted veg, chickpeas, tempeh and tahini sauce


My apologies for the quiet blog once again. I don’t seem to have much energy for blogging at the moment and my daily dishes aren’t that inspiring. Last weekend was cold and icy and we still had proper snow in the week, but today it looks quite different. It’s a little bit cloudy at +4C and we are of course heading to the market soon, as there’s not much else to do on the weekends. There is of course a lovely vegetable and flower market, but also take away food and drinks in the market halls. You are not allowed to consume any food or drink on the premises, but there is also a nice nearby park. Now to my dish.

The title kind of says it all. I roasted some potatoes, squash and carrots and added chickpeas and fried soy-glazed spicy tempeh to it. I made a tahini-lemon sauce that was sprinkled on the dish and there I had it, a tray full of goodness. I took inspiration from Yotam Ottolenghi’s traybakes for this dish. I’ve also been very inspired by the Danish tempeh that is now easily accessible here in the supermarkets. It’s locally produced, made from split peas and lupin beans and such a nice quality. I always have some in my freezer these days.







Have a nice weekend!

Your VegHog 

 

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I understand blogging energy being in short supply - I am finding that too. Hope you have had a nice visit to the market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The market visit was really good. I got some blood oranges, sprouting broccoli, chillies, pak choi etc.

      Delete
  2. VegHog no need to apologies for the quiet blog. I think most of us don’t have much energy for blogging, i know i am feeling that way. Trying my best to blog at least once if i can be bothered. Good to see your recipes though and this does look good, roasty potatoes and chickpeas - i am already liking it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.