2 September 2016

Lentil and pea salad


What a week! It's always a bit stressful and overwhelming going back to work after a long holiday. I was even lucky just to have a four day working week due to the bank holiday, but now feel quite drained anyway. Well, I'll get used to it again.

I didn't want to leave you hanging because of this and wanted to post a quick weekday meal, quite suitable as a work lunch actually. I've been fond of the fresh garden peas again lately, as they are in season and have been adding them here and there. So I also added them to this lentil salad with lettuce, cashew nuts, tomatoes and a yogurt dressing. Simple but very good!

Here is my recipe.

Ingredients

½ cup puy lentils
1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
Handful of fresh peas in pods
4 baby gem lettuce
100 g cashew nuts
100 g tomatoes

Yogurt dressing with Greek yogurt, herbs and olive oil

Method

Make the dressing by mixing the ingredients.

Cook the lentils with the added vegetable stock powder.

Remove the peas from the pods and slice the lettuce and tomatoes.

Combine the ingredients and serve with the dressing.

Enjoy!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.