20 December 2016

Christmas salad


Of course also a lot of salad needs to be eaten at Christmas as a side, so I named this salad a Christmas salad. It's colourful and would go nicely with nut roasts and casseroles that are usual dishes in my family. This salad is of course vegan containing some seasonal root vegetables and pulses, and would also work as a standalone dish. You can get as creative as you like with such salads.

This salad consisted of:

  • carrot slices
  • parsnip slices
  • beetroot spirals
  • cherry vine tomatoes
  • baby spinach
  • quinoa coloured with beetroot
  • chickpea hummus
  • black badger pea hummus

I cooked the quinoa with beetroot chunks, and the colour got deeper after a couple of days in the fridge. I made a large batch to have on the side for a few days. If you have too much cooking for the dinner, this salad can always be made in advance.

I was also happy to use my black badger peas again, and this time in the shape of hummus.






Have a nice day!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. I would love this salad to be on our Christmas table - so colourful and healthy - have a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beets are sooo good in salads! I love the variety of colors. :)

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like the colour and taste that beets add to salads. I don't want them to be too overpowering though.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.