4 July 2013

Pea shoot pesto


This is a slightly different but still a green pesto and it tastes like summer. I came up with this recipe when I had some pea shoot left overs and wanted to use them up. I would recommend this to you as well if you want to try a different vegan pesto.

This is how it's done:

250g pea shoots
1dl frozen peas
1-2 garlic cloves
Toasted pine nuts
Olive oil

Defrost the frozen peas and chop the garlic. Toast the pine nuts briefly in a dry frying pan so that their flavour comes out stronger.

Put all ingredients into a bowl and puree them into a fine paste and the pesto is done. Combine it with pasta, vegetables or new potatoes – all combinations are great! You can store it for a few days in the fridge, but you could also freeze small cubes for a later use.

I will soon be posting a dish that I cooked with this pesto, so stay hungry!


Your VegHog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.