2 September 2014

Pepper fritters


It's about time for a new fritter recipe by me. You know how fond I am of veggie fritters, and I have now developed a new recipe. These fritters can be served as burgers just as well, but this time I combined them with salad and roasted potato wedges. Have a look how these are made.


This recipe makes about 12 fritters.

Ingredients

2 red bell peppers
1 carrot
1 shallot
1 garlic clove
50 g mature cheddar
1 egg
4-8 tbsp spelt flour (or wheat flour)
1 tsp Herbes de Provence
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying

Method

Grate the bell peppers, carrot and cheese.

Chop the shallot and garlic finely.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl into a fairly firm dough.

Add more flour if needed for the binding.

Fry the fritters in vegetable oil on both sides until golden brown.

This is how easy it is!




Enjoy!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I love the color!! They look so rich in taste, I can only imagine. :)
    I'll have to try making them. Thank you for sharing.<3

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was quite happy with the colour this time as many of my fritters turn quite pale. The red bell peppers do the trick, and they are also so succulent that they give loads of taste when grated. I do hope you'll like them, if you make them one day! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.