9 September 2014

Potato and leek bake


Potato + leek + cheese = BLISS!

I'm not sure, if I would ever get tired of this combination. It works so well in soups, stews, bakes... A cheesy potato bake is a life saver especially in the autumn and winter.

I already made one to practise for the cold time, so here is my recipe for a simple potato and leek bake. As a contrast I served a fresh fig salad on the side.

Ingredients

3 leeks
500 g potatoes
300 g Red Leicester and Cheddar cheese mix
3 garlic cloves
25 g butter
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
Nutmeg to taste


Method

Slice the potatoes. I didn't peel mine as the skins were very thin on them, but you can peel them if you prefer.

Parboil the potato slices in salt water for about 10-15 minutes.

Chop the leek into rings and the garlic finely. Grate the cheeses. Cook the leek and garlic in the butter until soft and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

Layer the leek mix, potato slices and cheese into a oven dish. Cover the bake with cheese.

Bake at 180C for about 40 minutes until the potatoes are fully baked and the cheese is crispy and golden brown.



Enjoy!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely. Going to give this a go. thanks for sharing this recipe.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon! I hope you'll like it, it's nice comfort food. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.