28 September 2014

Fig salad


It's Sunday again and in case you are looking for lunch salad ideas for the upcoming week, here is one.

I think I will never get tired of the combination of halloumi cheese and fruit, they make such a great pair in salad. This time I also added some figs to my salad. I wanted to have a new type of a salad dressing, so I found this recipe on the BBC food pages (original here). I finally got to use my pomegranate molasses that I bought out of interest a while ago. It turned out to be rather nice. 

Dressing

1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
1 tbsp vinegar
6 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper

Salad

3 figs
100 g strawberries
100 g babyleaf and rocket salad
250 g halloumi
Vegetable oil for frying


The making of this salad is easy of course. Just chop the figs and strawberries and combine them with the salad leaves.

Fry the halloumi in vegetable oil until golden brown and add to the salad.

It's all ready to be enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.