20 November 2013

Vegan liquorice panna cotta


If you have read my blog before, you might already have seen my praises for liquorice, especially for salty liquorice salmiak. I absolutely adore these spicy sweets and frequently make desserts and alcoholic beverages with them.

Today I combine salmiak with smooth and creamy panna cotta, which makes a perfect combination for a nice dessert. And this is not all, my dear readers, this dessert is vegan as I substituted cream with oat cream! Panna cotta is one of my favourite puddings, but I have never had it quite like this.

50ml liquorice extraxt (+ little more for the topping)
500ml oat cream
1dl jelly sugar, sugar containing pectin
1tsp vanilla sugar
Tyrkisk Peber crush or other liquorice crush (optional)

Mix the oat cream, jelly sugar, vanilla sugar and the liquorice extract and quickly boil the ingredients for about 30 seconds. 

If you don't have jelly sugar, you can try this also with regular sugar and vege gel, vegetarian gelatine, combination. Prepare the veggie gelatine according to the instructions on the packet and add it to the mix before setting.

Pour the mixture into serving bowls of your choice and let them set for at least 3 hours in the fridge.

When the panna cotta has set, pour little bit liquorice extract, or liquorice extract with icing sugar, on the top and sprinkle Tyrkisk Peber crush on the desserts.

Then enjoy the party in your mouth!




Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, though I would definitely use cashew cream instead of oat cream.

    1 dl pectin? Is that a typo or a different kind of a product? The 100% pectin I use for jams etc is dosed in teaspoons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that with the pectin is my mistake, I meant jelly sugar or sugar containing pectin. Thanks for noticing! I will amend this post. And cashew cream is also a very good tip.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.